The latest additions to the campaign website:
Upcoming campaign events:
- 2 January 2010
- first day petitions for signatures in lieu of filing fees to be available
for candidates in 8 June 2010 primary
Peace and Freedom Party Summary Platform
(Adopted March 23, 2003, and reaffirmed August 1, 2004.)
The Peace and Freedom Party of California, founded in 1967, is
socialism, democracy, ecology, feminism and racial
equality. We organize toward
a world where cooperation replaces
competition, a world where all people are
well fed, clothed and
housed; where all women and men have equal status; where
individuals may freely endeavor to fulfill their own talents and
a world of freedom and peace where every community retains
its cultural integrity
and lives with all others in harmony. We
offer this summary of our immediate and
- Double the minimum wage, and index it to the cost of
- Guarantee the right of all workers to organize and to
forbid striker replacement.
- Socially useful jobs for all at union pay levels.
- Equal pay for equal work, and for work of comparable worth.
- A 30-hour work week with no cut in weekly pay; longer paid
- Guaranteed dignified income for those who cannot work.
- A Universal Basic Income to alleviate poverty and homelessness.
- Tax the income and assets of the rich to meet human needs.
- International trade agreements must guarantee the protection of
workers and the environment
in all participating countries; abolish NAFTA,
GATT and the World Trade
- End homelessness; abolish vagrancy laws; provide decent
housing for all.
- Social ownership and democratic control of industry,
institutions, and natural
- The United States should take the initiative toward global
eliminating nuclear, chemical and biological weapons.
Withdraw U. S.
troops and weapons from
other countries, and reallocate the
resulting "peace dividend" for
- Abolish the CIA, NSA, AID and other agencies for
in other countries' internal
- Convert from a military to a peace-oriented economy, with
for displaced workers.
- Self-determination for all nations and peoples of the
including Puerto Rico and all
- Defend and extend liberties guaranteed in the Bill of
- End discrimination based on race, sex, age, sexual
- Restore affirmative action, guarantee full education and
rights for all.
- Abolish the death penalty.
- No prison labor for private profit.
- Support the right of working people to keep and bear arms.
- Democratic elections through proportional representation;
political, social and economic rights for resident non-citizens.
- Honor treaties with Native American nations, recognize
nations. Defend and extend Native American rights
- Provide full free quality public education through
Teach the history of workers' struggles and labor's creation of
society's wealth and
progress. Restore and strengthen bilingual education.
- Uncensored government funding for ordinary people to create
- Scientific and technological research to benefit ordinary
not the capitalists.
- Free high-quality health care for everyone, including birth control,
abortion, pre-natal and
childhood health care. No forced sterilizations.
- Legalize marijuana, decriminalize drug use, and make
abuse treatment freely
- Give special attention to preventing epidemics of,
diseases such as AIDS. Guarantee the rights of people living with AIDS.
- Restore and protect air, water, land and ecosystems.
- Promote conservation and develop solar and other renewable
replace nuclear power and fossil fuels.
- End environmental racism: no toxic dumping in anyone's back
- Massive development of public transportation available free
- Outlaw clear cutting and protect remaining old-growth forests.
- Promote an environmentally sound agricultural system which
and protects farm workers' labor rights and standard of living.
How you can help
Sign up now for the
campaign email list